INPROAL has as objective carry out high quality basic and applied science in the following matters:
1. Quality, preservation and shelf life of foods:
- Development of functional or active additives and ingredients through of micro and nanoencapsulation processes to protect active compounds for food preservation.
- Study of browning reaction kinetics in model and real systems.
- Determination of visual quality of products by means of image analysis by computer vision.
- Study of emulsions stability.
- Development of edible coatings to extend the shelf life of fresh products.
2. Food matrices design, sensory perception and lipidic compounds bioavailability:
- Study of physical-chemical mechanisms involved in stimuli release from the food matrix.
- Sensory perception and oral process. Influence of food changes during ingestion and swallowing in physiological perception of stimuli.
- New methodologies for study of the factors that influence consumer response.
- Effect of food matrix and ingredients interactions in lipids bioavailability during the digestive process.